Sacral or Svadhishthan chakra, situated at the base of genitals, is the seat of the individual and collective unconscious. It is associated with seeking pleasure and security. The imbalance of sacral chakra causes sexual and reproductive diseases. If you have ever felt unsure, unstable, or unable to express your feelings properly, it might be due to the hampered flow of energy in your 2nd chakra. You may also feel a lack of pleasure in your life and dependency, which will eventually reduce your mental health1.
Here are 5 easy ways to bring balance to your sacral chakra:–
- Food: It is a vital source of energy for us all. You should begin by eating fruits, vegetables especially carrot, orange, mandarin, tangerines, apricot, mango, peach, papaya, cucumbers, pumpkin, sweet potato, zucchini, cabbage, and broccoli and add nuts, seeds and all types of cereals.
- Water: Drink plenty of water. The sacral chakra is a water dominant chakra. Hence, it is best that you keep yourself hydrated to balance it.
- Chromo-therapy: Mostafa et.al. In their research, has mentioned in great detail the impact of colors on chakras2. Researches has shown that utilizing orange color light stimulates your sacral chakra. For this, placing orange crystals, wearing orange colored cloths, eating orange colored food items and drinking water charged with orange color light are few options.
- Yogasana: What better way to balance energy flow in the body then doing Yogasana? Yogic postures like bhujangasana, paschimottanasana, padahasthasana, janu shirshasana, etc. brings awareness and opens sacral chakra. Here is a simple guide on how to perform Bhujangasana (cobra pose):
- Lie flat on your stomach with forehead resting on floor, legs straight feet together and soles of the feel should be uppermost.
- Bend the arms and place the forearms on the floor with palms downward on each side of the head. The fingertips point forward, but are in line with the crown of the head.
- The forearms and elbows are close to the body.
- Relax the whole body.
- While inhaling, raise the head, shoulders and chest by bringing the upper arms to the vertical position.
- The elbows, forearms and hands will remain on the floor.
- Relax in the position for a comfortable length of time and then slowly lower the body, while exhaling.3
- Mantra meditation: Do guided meditation on bija mantra “vam” or visualization of bija mantra in the center of the chakra and it will balance your sacral chakra very efficiently.